The City of Boulder
Boulder is located at the base of the foothills of the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of 5,430 feet (1,655 m) above sea level.
The population of the City of Boulder was 97,385 people at the 2010 United States Census, while the population of the Boulder, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area was 294,567.
Boulder is famous for its colorful Western history, being a choice destination for hippies in the late 1960s, and as home of the main campus of the University of Colorado, the state’s largest university. Furthermore, the city of Boulder frequently receives high rankings in health, well-being, quality of life, education and art.
Boulder has gathered many top rankings in recent years for health, well-being, quality of life, education and art. The partial list below shows some of the nominations.
- The 10 Happiest Cities – No. 1 – Moneywatch.bnet.com
- Top Brainiest Cities – No. 1 – Portfolio.com
- Ten Best Cities for the Next Decade – No. 4 – Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine
- Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index – No. 1 – USA Today
- Best Cities to Raise an Outdoor Kid – No. 1 – Backpacker Magazine
- America’s Top 25 Towns to Live Well – No. 1 – Forbes.com
- Top 10 Healthiest Cities to Live and Retire – No. 6 – AARP magazine
- Top 10 Cities for Artists – No. 8 – Business Week
- Lesser-Known LGBT Family-Friendly Cities – No. 1 – Wearegoodkin.com
- America’s Foodiest Town – No. 1 – Bon Appetit magazine
- Queerest Cities in America 2015 — No. 10 — Advocate.com